Friday, May 27, 2011

Barneys New York Spectacular Spectator Tote: Fashion Friday with Cyn

For those of you who know me well, you know that Barney's holds a very special place in my heart. When I was in college, I had a vision for something greater. I knew that the world was far bigger and grander than where I stood and I wanted a piece of the action. I had this inner desire to find my avenue into the fashion world even if it took some risk. I remember this day vividly because it was that moment when I realized it was possible. I was in a local mall browsing through a book store where I happened to come across Confessions Of A Window Dresser By Simon Doonan

Simon Doonan is the man who made Barney's windows famous. He started out as a nobody who became somebody by following his inner vision ultimately becoming an American icon. He often chose graphic, controversial content to adorn his window displays to draw attention and start a buzz. The buzz led to fame and there I was standing in the middle of the bookstore with his book in my hand and faith in my heart that one day, I too would start a buzz that led to something grand.

Two days later, I received the book as a gift from a very close friend who wrote "Here's to unlocking your dreams!" To this day, I continue to unlock my dreams one at a time. Today's pick is a wish list accessory yet to be had but worth sharing as some day, I will receive this dream too. I encourage you to go to the website for the full effect of this gorgeous bag. The photo above does not do it justice. Happy Fashion Friday everyone!

Sugar Kisses,
Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment