Monday, December 28, 2009

Make-up Primers: Benefits and Brands

What is a make-up primer and how is it used? Say goodbye to the mid-day make-up reapplication! A make-up primer prepares the skin for your foundation and helps it stay in tact longer. Primer can be in a gel formula or cream formula both of which work equally as well. It is to be applied to clean skin after your moisturizer and before your liquid or powder foundation. It can be applied everywhere on the face especially to the areas that you are normally touching up throughout the day. I would avoid the eyelid area; some say that it is safe to use on the eye area but be careful with your eyelids. There are other products on the market specifically designed for that.

Benefits of Using a Make-up Primer
  • Pore size is reduced and concealed
  • Skin appears smoother
  • Minimizes appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Helps reduce shine and oiliness
  • Make-up goes on more evenly 
  • Protects skin with vitamins and antioxidants
  • Helps keeps pores from clogging
Recently, I have been using a make-up primer under my make-up and have had great results. My make-up goes on smoother and the visibility of fine lines has reduced and I haven't had to touch-up my foundation at all throughout the day! I am a believer! Here are two products that I absolutely LOVE!


NARS Make-up Primer with SPF
I LOVE this product! I use it daily under my mineral foundation and have flawless results. It has also helped moisturize my dry winter skin and balance out the oily spots in my T-Zone. I also love that it has an added layer of SPF. Check it out on their website!
http://www.narscosmetics.com/Primer-with-SPF-C413_category_3B.aspx

Smashbox Photo Finish
This is also a great product and I prefer this in the summer when my skin is more moisturized. This is a great product for those with oily or combination skin. I like to wear this product even when I don't apply make-up. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. Check it out: http://www.smashbox.com/PHOTO-FINISH-FOUNDATION-PRIMER



Photos from smashbox. com and narscosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment