Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Uggs: Are They Posing A Fashion Danger?

I have a strong opinion on Ugg boots. There is a time and a place to wear them and I don't feel that these are an everyday choice for footwear not even if you are an Eskimo living in an igloo. As a slipper around the house, sure. Today, I found this article on Yahoo regarding Uggs and faux Uggs. It states that they do not have proper support and you are literally breaking your foot due to lack of support. Read it and let me know your thoughts?

Ugg Article 

Photo from Uggaustrailia.com and article from Shine on Yahoo.com 
Douglas, Joanna "Experts Debate Dangers of Wearing Popular Sheepskin Boots." Shine on Yahoo.com (2010): Web. 17 March 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl - your link doesn't work but without reading the article I can only say that I have Uggs and I wear them around the house mainly as I do regard them as a slipper more or less. HOWEVER if they are being critisized for lack of support, then I suppose we need to ban this seasons popular gladiator sandle, the ballet flat and flip flops! Lets also not forget that some cultures live life in it's entirey barefoot with now problems - and personally, a woman who feels heels - higher the better - my uggs, flats and flip flops give my ankles a much needed breather!!!

    ReplyDelete