Thursday, July 21, 2011

Organizational Problems and Solutions For Your Home

Week three of Project Re-Org is underway. I am always inspired by people who live in small apartments in Brooklyn or San Francisco and still manage to have clean lines and beautifully decorated spaces. When I say small, I mean 400-700 square feet. That to me, is really small.
We live in approximately 650 sq. feet. I know, it isn't that small but stuff sometimes gets in the way and we are left feeling "stuffed". So I went on mission to find some fabulous tools that will help me feel more organized and ultimately clear my mind of the clutter. Here are five tools that I have found to help me stay organized. Keep in mind that these pictures do not do it justice but you get the idea.

Problem: My Pantry has shelving units that are odd heights. Although adjustable, they still needed extra help.
Solution: I found these hanging baskets that slide onto the shelf above making great use of the "wasted" space. It also makes grabbing cling wrap or foil a cinch. Just slide it out and slide it in. Easy!

Problem: We have many small boxes, jars and bottles that would fall out of the pantry or get in the way when trying to find something.
Solution: Small baskets made it easy for me to place all smaller goods into one area that was easily removed at anytime and contained them at the same time.

Problem: I was tired of having the white flour, wheat flour, sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar etc. in bags lopped in a pile at the bottom of the pantry.
Solution: I bought these plastic containers with air tight lids and began stacking. It looks so much cleaner and is easy to see when I am getting low.

Problem: We have place mats that will not fit in a smaller drawer and were always falling forward when lined in the back of the pantry wall.
Solution: I placed a rack on the bottom of the pantry and neatly stacked the folded place mats underneath.

Problem: Like the place mats, we did not have room for the oven mitts in our drawers.
Solution: 3M makes small clips that stick to surfaces without ruining the wall or door. I placed clips on both doors to hang the mitts from for easy access.

Problem: We had wide dishes and stacking them on top of each other was becoming a pain when plating dinner.
Solution: I bought plate racks to divide the plates and create space where normally space is wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment