Monday, February 22, 2010

You Asked, I Answered: Responses To My Readers Inquiries

I have had numerous inquiries on different subjects and I wanted to share some of them with you. I have included the blog posts that prompted these questions next to their name when applicable.

Tracy and Nicole asked: What skin care regimens do you recommend? 
  • Cyn: Skin care is a very personal choice and everyone's skin will react differently to various lines. I do recommend that you read all labels and avoid the toxins on this list: Top 10 Cosmetic Toxins to Avoid. There are some products that I absolutely love and have achieved great results with but I am finding that they are really toxic. I am in the process of getting more information from Jen, my esthetician, on safe products that work.
Michelle E.M. said: "I would be interested to know more about your thoughts on jeggings".

Mitch asked (Not Buying Organic...): "Where would blackberries & raspberries land on your list? I eat them a lot. I know that Trader Joe's carries both organic & non-organic blackberries". 
  • Cyn: I always go organic on berries. They just taste better. They are more expensive and go bad quickly so keep that in mind when shopping. What ever smells the best, is the best. 

Bertie asked (Addressing Adultery): You bring up some good points…I’m curious to know what you would advise in my situation. I think my boyfriend could be having an affair, but I don’t have evidence. It’s more like I have a “gut feeling.” Should I confront him with my suspicions, or see about hiring a private investigator?

  • Cyn: Thank you for reading; I appreciate your support. In response to your inquiry, every situation is different and take ANY given advice with a grain of salt. You will always be the best judge and the only true trusted adviser as you are the one on the front lines. There is something to be said about personal instinct. Intuition can be a very powerful tool so if you feel something is not right, maybe it isn’t. The way you choose to approach the situation is a personal decision weighing in multiple factors. Be honest with yourself and an answer will become clear.
Renee asked: What do you think about detoxing diets or cleansing systems?
  • Cyn: My response to this is basic. If you eat a balanced, healthy diet with home cooked meals made from natural ingredients and get plenty of exercise, your body will take care of itself. The American culture has adapted really poor eating habits causing death, disease and health issues of all calibers. More people are obese and diabetic than ever before and "solutions" are cropping up everywhere. Be cautious of these "solutions" and consider the real issue. Get back to basics without the chemicals, starvation and weird chalky drinks. Here is a great link to help anyone get on track: http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm Please see the book suggestions below. They are excellent!
Jenny S. asked: What are some healthy meals for little ones? 
  • Cyn: What many of you don't know about me is that I was in early childcare and a nanny for many, many years. I understand time restrictions, tantrums and limited choices. We have to remember that little one's need to develop their tastes for flavor just as we develop tastes for new foods or wine. Introduce a new ingredient into their diet weekly. Be careful when seeking recipes online and make sure to always monitor the ingrediants on any label of anything that you give them. Many of these recipes call for canned or boxed goods. Avoid those and any other pre-made foods or processed cheeses. A great rule of thumb is from Author Michael Pollan. Rule #19-If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't. Read his books and you will find great rules to live by and help create yummy meals for kids. Here are two great articles about his book Food Rules: An Eater's Manual and others that he has written. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20090323/7-rules-for-eating
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-pollan/food-rules-a-completely-d_b_410173.html

    ***For specific recipes, email me at sugarlipslifestyletips@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment