Friday, May 21, 2010

Bat Those Eyelashes Girls! Do's and Don't for Healthy Lashes

I recently went to Las Vegas on a girls weekend and of course I put on some fake eyelashes for the night. Simultaneously, I started using a new mascara. Days later, I noticed that my lashes were much shorter and thinner so I asked the Sugar Lips Lifestyle Tips Make-Up Expert, Chantelle, what was causing this; the glue or the new mascara. She told me that most likely it was the glue but could be the mascara as well. She told me to discontinue use of both to be sure. Sounds simple right?

According to EHOW, "People naturally lose three to five eyelashes per day, which are almost immediately replaced by new ones. It can sometimes take anywhere from four to eight weeks to replace an eyelash that was lost due to accident or trauma". It has been a long time since I have had an eye lash crisis. Last year, I had an eyelash tint, which is a non-toxic vegetable dye, and my lashes looked FANTASTIC....for three days and then they started to break off. Now for those of you who know me, I love my lashes thick and long. So I thought that would be a great time to send out some lash care tips. 

Tip 1: Eat Right! Our lashes are an extension of the body fueled by a proper diet.
Tip 2: Remove your eye make-up before going to bed. 
Tip 3: Choose an eye make-up remover that has an oil base. Give your lashes a rest from the chemicals and nourish them with oil resulting in more flexibility and strength.
Tip 4: Discard your mascara after three months of use. Mascara tends to dry up and will become flaky and it can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
Tip 5: Do not share your mascara and other eye products.  You do not want to share bacteria so keep it to yourself!

Resources:
Hinesman,Genae-Valecia. How To Promote Eyelash Growth. EHOW Website. http://www.ehow.com/how_4473949_promote-eyelash-growth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment