Friday, October 22, 2010

Kimberlee's Pick of the Week: Tucker For Target



Strolling through the aisles of my local Target with a lengthy shopping list in hand, I happened across something that made me (as Willow Smith might say) flip my hair back and forth for a much closer look.  Having partnered with Gaby Basora to release a Tucker for Target collection in September of 2010, Target has been seducing me with these realistically priced pieces with couture labels attached. 

Tucker is prominently featured, and Rachel Zoe recommended, on shopping sites such as Piperlime and Shopbop displaying their high end pieces with seious investment price tags.  What made me do a double, triple, quadruple take while shopping my local store was the giant CLEARANCE sign hanging above the still half full racks of these amazing designs.  Seriously (I ask myself)?  Yes, self, seriously.  Snatching every size small from the racks before me, I brought them all home and had a tiny little self indulgent fashion show in front of my full length bedroom mirror.  I squealed a little louder over each piece whipping them off in a frenzy to get to the next.  From the delicate float of the lighter than air fabrics to the striking hues of the palette used to create them, every last item was blissfully perfect.  My top two favorites, I simply must recommend as “run (or drive as fast as you can) to your local Target and buy immediately” pieces. 

The Tucker Signature Blouse 
in any color they have left on the rack, in your standard size (I am typically a size Small, I purchased a size Small).  The modern cut is meant to be loose, billowy, and flow gracefully from the shoulder.  It does not emphasize a waistline without styling assistance, but is truly flattering by it’s own merit.  It can be tucked in to a great pair of trousers, belted with skinny jeans, or worn loose with anything (ok, not a baggy pant or trouser, please and thank you).  My purchase was in a deep shade of navy with a very subtle slightly geometric tone on tone pattern, ¾ length elasticized sleeves, a button up front, and a rounded neckline with stitching detail.  It is truly lady-like, totally designer, and only $20.98.  LOVE!

The Tucker Tunic Dress in orange, is an on-trend shade of autumn orange cut in a mod slightly A-line shape hitting just below the mid thigh complete with concealed side pockets.  Stretch?  Absolutely none, so you must try this one on before committing to a size.  The neckline features a skinny tie…which looks perfectly styled when left loose to reveal a slight V-neck to the tunic.  The color is amazingly compatible with tights in any deep neutral (black, gray, navy, plum), and with the versatile length of a tunic this piece can be easily paired with skinny jeans or the re-emerging flair leg denim.  Note - I did not adore this dress in black as much as I thought that I would, I found it to be somewhat reminiscent of a Halloween costume much unlike it’s counterpart in orange.  

Sugar Tip:  Do not be discouraged if you find that your size, style, or color is sold out online…check your local Target, as their racks are brimming with these pieces in many colors and sizes. 

Eggs?  Check.  Milk?  Check.  Designer clothing?  Check, check, check.  Thank You Target!

Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment