Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update Your Outerwear Image With These Fall Jackets that Flatter!

Let's face it. I am not rich. I want to be fashion forward but can't spend a ton of money on my look. I am an average girl with an average paycheck with an above average love for fashion.

I searched the market high and low and found some really great jackets and even better prices. Every look below is under $100, very versatile and can be worn for work, play or a night out on the town. Every fashionista needs a few hot looks for fall's chilly weather. Here are a few of my favorite picks that flatter.


Tulle Moonstone Military Jacket

I love this Tulle jacket from LuLu's. It's tailored well throughout the shoulders and slimming in the waist. I love the bold buttons, soft gray color and the details on the wrists and pockets. It is also right in line with this season's military look it is sure to turn heads! $73




BB Dakota Belted Black CoatI always have a hard time finding a longer trench style jacket that is flattering to my figure. The problem is that the front always looks fitted but the back side makes me look wide in the waist or square in the rear. This jacket from BBDakota is perfect to flatter from the front and the back. The bow tie at the front cinches perfectly at the waist giving the structured material flow. The collar can be left open like in the photo or buttoned up giving the neck a long slim look. $73


I have never been a real fan of JCPenny but had to see what all of the fuss was about when People Magazine's Style Watch must have list started featuring them. They have been trying to reposition their brand for a few years now and I think they finally did it. It's the first time ever that I felt that their styles were fit for a younger than 70 age group. They also offer special sizing (petite, tall) which is especially great.

Tiered Faux Ruffle Jacket
They got my vote for faux leather looks. a.n.a. brand has this tiered ruffled faux leather jacket .
I like that the waist is longer waistline giving the illusion of a longer, leaner torso. It also defines the waistline and pronounces the shoulders creating a V look from shoulder to waist. On sale for only $39.99.

Typically I would say that I am too old for dELIAs...but these are so cute and made from Thinsulate. Both of my choices are part of this season's military trend.

icon
icon
Kendall Belted Coat
This belted beauty reminded me of Kim! It isn't available until mid-December so pre-order it so you avoid the possible back order through spring. The belt is a great way to flatter or create a waistline. I also really like the pockets across the breast. The detail on the end of the sleeves defines the wrists. $69.50

icon
icon

Devin Peacoat
This is my favorite choice of the day. It is sharp, well structured and well fitted throughout the arms. It is made with Thinsulate for chillllllyy winter days. It has antique brass metal buttons on the front  as well as on the shoulders and wrists. $69.50


They are also offering 20% off outerwear and FREE SHIPPING!! How can you not love that??
20% off All dELiA*s Outerwear + Free Shipping! Code AFS25D

No comments:

Post a Comment