Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spring 2010 Fashion Trends For the Everyday Girl

Let's face it. I am not Sophia Coppola. I am not Paris Hilton. Nor am SJP. I do not have a clothing allowance from my father or my husband nor do I have a contract that says I can keep the clothes after the show. I do not get invited to lavish clubs or assigned a chair at the latest runway show...at least not yet. I have a job and a boss and a budget. I need to balance work with play and be outfitted for all occasions in between.  Here are a few of the Spring highlights that should somehow make it into your closet and go easy on your wallet. Enjoy!

Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles! This season is all about flirty layers of ruffles. Soft and sensuous. www.anntaylor.com You can find them from almost every retailer. They are on skirts, shirts, trenches and even skirts.
High Slits and Short Shorts! This season is all about the legs. Hit the gym now for a long lean leg. Although this example is couture, there are short shorts and high slits that can be found everywhere. I wasn't kidding when I said hit the gym...these looks are for lean legs only! www.eliesaab.com
Pale Denim and Skinny Jeans! Short shorts by day goes light, long and lean by night.
Prints and Plaid: I am seeing more plaid than I want to...


Big Bold Earrings! Earrings are all the rage! You saw it at the Golden Globes. Make this piece the one that draws all of the attention to you. Erickson Beamon sold at www.barneys.com
Fitted blazers and jackets. Everybody's doing it. This is a great way to go from day to night or sharpen up a casual outfit with a polished blazer. Check out these and other looks at www.jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment