Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Friday With Kimberlee!! Thakoon For Target: GO International Designer Collective

A woman scorned, is a woman scarred…unless of course the said scorner releases an amazing collection of dresses that the said woman simply MUST get her hands on. And then all is forgiven and there is once again peace in the land.

Having fallen head over heels in love with my Tucker for Target purchases in 2010, I was confident that this whole designer collaborative effort was hands down the greatest idea in the history of affordable fashion. Taking well known designers, and pieces that
are completely affordable but still embody everything cool we love about the designer, and then making them available at my local Target...what on earth could be better than that?


...And then along came William Rast for Target, and Dolce Vita for Target, and I was heartbroken. The William Rast collection of denim was painfully improperly sized and the feeling of cheapness was out of control. Nothing about them flattered, and they were nothing at all like the original line, I had to return everything. Dolce Vita’s sandals which I purchased 2 months later were the same scenario. At this point, I tell myself that I am done with Target’s collaboration designs; I can find far better items to purchase elsewhere in the world. And then, just like that, they released the Go International Designer Collective line. And here I sit, covered in Target price tag crumbs and heavenly hues with labels screaming Thakoon, Rodarte, and Proenza Schouler. Blissful.

This collection is not to be missed, if you have a local Target I strongly urge you to stop by and try on a few styles to choose your favorites. Each dress in the collection is being re-released from a former collaboration line between the designers and Target within the past five years. Designers include: Luella Bartley, Tara Jarmon, Paul & Joe, Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Libertine, Alice Temperley, Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon, Tracy Feith, Rodarte, Zac Posen and Tucker. Each of the 34 dresses in the collection is under $50, and worth every red cent. The fabrics are amazingly light and summery, varying from airy cotton to polyester, and the details are just divine.

Kimberlee’s Pick:

Thakoon for Target Colorblock Shift Dress, $39.99

Target and I have reconciled our differences in the way of designer collaborations; I am
once again as giddy as a school girl over the release of these collections.

Love, love, love.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment