Thursday, November 4, 2010

Banish Dull Hair: Shampoo and Conditioner to Make Your Hair Shine

If dull hair has you down, I have a solution for you. I found a shampoo and conditioner combination that has made my hair noticeably shinier, incredibly soft and smooth. There are various ways to add shine to your hair one of which is to use a product that is formulated to make your hair shine. Others include having a gloss treatment applied or by weaving in low lights to add shine and depth. As I had mentioned in a recent article, blonde or light highlights are naturally matte compared to brunette color and can appear to be dull even when they aren't. I have been using the product for 6 months and it is worth the investment.

The brand is Kerastase Paris. It is from their reflection line formulated to remove buildup and smooth each follicle leaving your hair smooth and shiny.

Bain Miroir Shampoo (on right $34) and Conditioner (on left $28). L-O-V-E Love.

It has made a significant difference in my hair. The first time I used only the shampoo with a drug store conditioner. My hair was nice but heavy from the cheap conditioner. It also felt drier and got tangled easily. When I bought the second bottle of shampoo, I splurged for the conditioner and that is when I really started to see the difference about half way through.

I did not use the conditioner as instructed. You are supposed to towel dry your hair, apply and let sit for 3-5 minutes. I wrung out my hair and added it only to the ends working upwards. as a result, I felt like I wasn't getting enough so I would apply the drug store conditioner to the very ends of my hair. I should try to follow the directions and see what happens.

Washing and Conditioning Tips:
Americans tend to overdo everything and that includes using way too much shampoo and over washing their hair. You can't really blame them though, using cheap shampoo leaves residue and build up on your hair causing you to need to wash it more often and cheap conditioner is drying making the hair appear dull.  I wash my hair every 2-3 days and use a dollop the size of a nickel; a little goes a long way. I just opened my third bottle of shampoo the other day. I have only used 2 bottles in six months which equates to a little over $11 a month. BUDGET FRIENDLY!

SUGAR TIP***
only wash the roots of your hair. Apply your shampoo to the hair line and crown and work in with your finger tips. slowly work out  avoiding the ends. Secondly, only apply your conditioner to your ends and work up toward the root. Conditioner combined with natural oils can be heavy and weigh your hair down.

No comments:

Post a Comment