Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trunk Show and Anniversary Recap and Pictures

What a weekend! Thank you to everyone who came out to support me on Saturday night at the one year anniversary and LUXE Boutique trunk show. We had a night of fun fashion and laughs. I am especially grateful to those who sent me emails, messages, cards, flowers and gifts honoring this milestone. You are what keeps me inspired and refreshed. Thank you!!


I was glad that our readers were able to meet Kim, our Fashion Director, and Christina, my personal stylist and Sugar Lips Hair Contributor.  Dee, of LUXE Boutique, had great buys priced from $20-80 and numerous accessories to complete any outfit. If I could do it all over again, I would have shopped for at least an hour before the party! Everyone tried things on and the girls even put on a fashion show modeling their choices. It was really fun.

Kimberlee and her husband, Chris, arrived for the event on Friday morning and spent the day in SF. Brian and I met them for dinner at Betelnut in North Beach. They stayed at Hotel Des Arts on Bush Street so it was a short cab ride to make out 9:30 reservation. We had had a night of food, drink and laughs. I think that Kim and Chris learned more about me at dinner than in they have in the last six months.
Kim, Chris, Brian, Nancy and I spent Saturday morning setting up for the event. We stuffed 50 goodie bags and set the ambiance at the Montecito. Thank you to the boys for moving the furniture and Nancy for being the star of the day!

On our way back, we stopped by to say hello to Cade, the GM of Pyramid Alehouse in Walnut Creek and thank him for his generous sponsorship. We grabbed a famous pyramid burger and beer and were on our way for a fun filled day. We had a few hang-ups that afternoon but all in all a very successful and special day.

It has been a long time since I have had one of my best friends over for a "get ready party". Kim has every eyeshadow and accessory that you can imagine; I was in heaven. When I got to the party, Patricia, of Anna Patricia Designs, put her custom designed hair piece in my hair for me.

The goodie bags and giveaways were a success. Stephanie M. won the "Rock Me" earrings in red ($25) and Christina K. won the "Rock Me" earrings in amber ($25) donated by Zahava Designs.

Erica S. won a beautiful opera length necklace designed with Swarovski crystals, cultured freshwater pearls, and sterling silver ($120). Kathey B. was our Facebook fan winner for referring the most new fans and she received a goodie bag as well. 1688 donated a Bumble and Bumble product package and Patricia S. got to take that home with her. Carol B. won the beautiful floral arrangement by Anna Patricia Designs.

The goodie bags, compliments of Zahava Designs, were stuffed full of little gems. Everyone took home a cookbook from Va de Vi Bistro and Wine Bar and was everyone's favorite gift.


To continue the food and wine aspects of Sugar Lips Lifestyle Tips, they also got a free appetizer from Pyramid and a Sugar Lips Sugar cookie in Dior Red or Lip Gloss pink. In honor of Sunday Supper and encouraging people to cook, I included a Sugar Lips Measuring Tips liquid/dry ingredient conversion chart to clip onto your cookbook.

The beauty goodies were skin care and perfume samples including Fresh scented soap and Fresh perfume samples, and SPONGE ladi avokanto serum sample. I also included my own Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice Sugar Scrub that was made with raw sugar, vanilla and cardamom for a sweet, warm aroma. Christina of 1688 included her business card with a price list and free haircut valued at $60 with any color service.

In line with our health and wellness segments, Sarah Evans of yogaworks donated chapstick, pens, and free passes for a week of yoga classes, and Kim's Trainer, Dustin Maher, included his "Got Core" DVD.  
The food was yummy and reminiscent of Sunday Supper. I served light appetizers and guava mimosas. There were three different kinds of flat breads: A prosciutto and pineapple with a simple spinach and goat cheese salad, the second was a green apple, caramelized onion and bleu cheese with a spinach, candied walnut salad drizzled with raspberry vinaigrette.  The third was brie, caramelized onion, cremini mushroom topped with an arugula salad. I also made a spicy two bean salsa. I served brownies, sugar cookies in the shape of lips, spiced apple cider and coffee for dessert.

The ambiance was just beautiful. There were fresh floral arrangements throughout the room, compliments of Anna Patricia Designs. Thank you, Patricia, for your generosity and beautiful gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment