Friday, June 18, 2010

Joan Jett in Ballet Slippers: Kimberlee's Pick of The Week

Have you ever seen a pair of shoes that literally made you bounce up and down while squealing out loud with pure energy and excitement? If so, you and I can relate. If not, someday this may happen to you, and the only advice I have  to offer you is to succumb to your inner instinct, buy them. There is truly no other way to get them out of your head.

I am definitely a self admitted shoe girl, and have experienced this on numerous occasions. Shoes just have a way of making me experience pure emotion at first sight, they look colorfully inviting when I open my closet each morning, and they stay faithfully flattering no matter what changes life may bring. I recently had one of these ethereal bouncy energetic squealing experiences of mine (in the privacy of my own home; thanks to the internet) when I discovered the Kit Mesh Pump, by Harajuku Lovers.

The style is bold and unique keeping in line with the sandal/peep toe bootie hybrid trend with its mesh like body and fantastic silver buckles. I loooooove buckles. They stand about a mile high, on the stiletto heel and turn heads as you walk with their totally girlie PINK bottoms. And here comes the absolute best part about this pair of foot candy…because Harajuku Lovers knows how to contour the arch of a woman’s foot, they are maybe the most comfortable shoes I have ever had the pleasure to walk in. Who knew?

While wearing these head turners, turn on your confident smile and prepare for compliments…I have yet to leave the house in them and not be stopped by someone to tell me how much they just love my shoes and must know where to find them. The pale pink bottom next to the hard black leather immediately makes me think of one of my favorite trends for 2010, the Joan Jett in ballet slippers kind of leather & lace combination that add a hard edge to the violently feminine.

To add a bit of additional femininity, I paired them with a sweet little black lace covered dress, but they would also work fantastically with a feminine top in a luxuriously floaty fabric paired with a black skinny leg pant, which draws the eye straight downward to the detail of the shoe for maximum effect with minimal effort.

Shopping Tip: I was fortunate enough to find that my size was available at Smart Bargains.com, for under $30. Sizes are limited, but it is most definitely worth saving $50 to check there first. If they do not carry your size, the Kit Mesh Pump is also available at Endless.com.
Resources:
Photo: SmartBargains.com

No comments:

Post a Comment