Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kimberlee's Pick of The Week: Carrie Fever

With the smell of Sex And The City 2 in the air, I can’t help but be swept away with the highly contagious Carrie fever…and a little touch of Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte. 
I would personally sacrifice almost anything to abandon the world for only a few hours and move straight into Carrie’s closet just to gain mere inspiration. 
Stricken, I found myself on a mission this week; find a fabulous addition to my wardrobe that would meet the following criteria:
A.  Be fiercely unique and bold, like Carrie
B.  Carry a graceful femininity, like Charlotte
C.  Command respect as a powerful female presence, like Miranda
D. Scream out Dead Sexy from the hanger, like Samantha
Add to that list that it must be a complete joy to wear, look fabulous, and at about a tenth of the cost of the heavenly fashions the girls are draped in on the big screen. 
What I found, was nothing short of perfection with a $38 price tag. 
The Pretty Ruffle Dress at Francesca’s is a brilliant combination of a unique one shoulder wide strap that swoops up across the chest and angles down across the back, a gracefully feminine petal detail in a soft peachy pink with raw edge accents, a dead sexy cut and brilliantly flattering drape, and an overall attention commanding presence.  A soft jersey, the material makes this dress perfectly breathable for the warmer weather and allows the material to gracefully float with the curves of your body.  I feel like I should be at brunch with the girls in this dress, absolute must-have!  Mission accomplished.
***This dress is available in stores only.
For jewelry, I felt that the detail at the neck should take center stage, so I would add a minimal amount of sparkle to my look and went with my current favorites, a pair of 3” chains with glimmery rock star black stones for my ears that I snagged from Zahava Designs for only $25.

Cheers!
Kimberlee

No comments:

Post a Comment