Friday, July 16, 2010

Miss Kimberlee's Pick of the Week: Maxi for the Minis

What I truly adore about the maxi dress, is it’s ability to cover a woman’s body in one effortlessly graceful swoop of fabric. I can’t get enough of the tiers of color, and the elements of ease that abound from this summery style showing off a woman’s two greatest assets…her shoulders and her pedicure. And let’s not forget, that this fabulous piece of genius fashion can be worn with a dressy sandal or a $2 flip flop and have the same killer impact.

Now, for the downside.

I, myself, am 5’ 2” and this floor grazing ethereal piece does not seem to flatter the vertically challenged in the same graceful way that it does my high shelf reaching sisters. It is definitely meant for women with the height to carry such lengths. What it does for me, is remove all definition from my figure and creates a short stocky footless
appearance adding non-existent volume to my body in all the wrong places. Oh, the tragedy! (at right)

While reaching for a tissue to wipe my tears away in the fitting room, my fingers lay upon something that sincerely pacified me. I am calling this the Maxi for the Mini’s Dress. The length is knee grazing versus floor grazing on my shorter than average frame, but all of the impact of the elements I love about the maxi dress are fully present. Made of a dreamy soft 100% cotton, the Tie Waist Tiered Dress with Button Detail from Arizona is tiered in layers of blues and greens (also available in solid black), with a cotton self tie belt that is positioned best tied directly under the delicate button placket detail at the bust. Brilliantly feminine and luxuriously comfortable, an unstoppable combination for less
than $10!

Try pairing with a shrug or cropped cardi and heels for the office, and then trade them for a pair of flat sandals or metallic flip flops for a gloriously stylish summer evening. Maximum impact, minimal effort!

Photos: Beso.com and Google

No comments:

Post a Comment