Friday, July 23, 2010

Shaken, Not Stirred: Kimberlee's Super Sexy Pick of the Week

Busily stocking my wardrobe with pieces of purpose for my day to day work life, weekends, and special events…it occurs to me that over time, my closet has been drastically stripped of anything resembling “date-night” apparel.  Yikes!  With birthdays and anniversaries approaching in the coming months, it is time to communicate with my inner bombshell and find something with a romantically sensual charm that screams “take me to a five star restaurant, movie of my choice, and martini’s until dawn, please and thank you.”

When I think date-night, I conjure up images of long and lean silhouettes with feminine sparkle.  I want to wear something that makes me walk, talk, and feel like I could be cast as the next Bond Girl.

Making a stop at one of my favorite places, I stand motionless for a moment.  And then, I am immediately drawn to the flirtatious romanticism of the “A New Moon Top” from Francesca’s, and am quite surprised by the $34 price tag.

The satiny drape of the neckline reveals just enough skin to raise an eyebrow, but leaves plenty to the imagination.  The cut of the wide racer-back straps, combined with the ring detail gracefully holding up the neckline accentuate the sensual curve of the collarbone and shoulder.  The drawstring waist is perfectly positioned to create an hourglass silhouette, and the blouson fit floats beautifully as you lean across the bar to order your vodka martini …shaken, not stirred.  I chose mine in silver, but this knock out piece is also available in black.

Wanting to add the long and lean line to this already perfect image, I can only see pairing this with a long and skinny black pant.   What I love about the skinny pant, is that the narrow ankle design outlines a woman’s heavenly natural shape and can provide enough weight to conceal and accentuate without unintentionally advertising in the daylight, when cut from a fantastic material.  The best of the best…from Victoria’s Secret, the Ponte Knit Legging currently on sale for $19.99.

They are made of a rayon/nylon blend, and are heavenly soft and comfortable.  They have a hook and bar closure at the waist, and are designed with 3 usable pockets detailed by VERY rock star “esque” exposed zippers.  But the greatest feature on this highly versatile wardrobe staple, is that the material is so generously rich without being the least bit heavy.  They cover, stretch, and accentuate perfectly.  These are a definite must-have, and the ponte knit blend seems to be coming forward in the new fall collection from VS so be on the look out for more great pieces like these!

Martini in hand, I am now feeling very well dressed for date night and completely 007 worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment