Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall is Here and I Have Blueberry On My Mind: Blue Boots and Jackets, Oxfords and Ankle Socks

I woke up this morning to one of my favorite things, fashion and it inspired me to write before I got on the Bart but alas, I need a minimum of 2 hours to properly produce a post and I just can't fathom waking up at 4am just to type so I am writing to you now... at 8:45 pm.

I recently started a new job and with this new position comes a new dress code so I have been walking the streets of San Francisco seeking out the best street trends and styles that fit my personality in hopes of inspiration in redefining my personal style. My previous job was corporate formal and very conservative, emphasis on VERY.  Patterns and color where shunned and personal style was a no-no. Neutrals only please and make sure they aren't form fitting. Ho hum.

This new position is much more relaxed yet professional offering more creative style to the professional wardrobe. Think street style Brooklyn meets Cupcakes and Cashmere or Vogue "It Girl" style. Everyone in the company, with the exception of a handful, has an extremely great sense of self and style. Where do I begin with my personal statement?

Most of you know that I am in love with fall and look so forward to sweaters, boots, and a great jacket...or three. Today's inspiration came from a piece that Kim wrote and it literally made me jump out of bead with excitement to hop online. I love shoes and jackets and her entire piece was about both!! Why buy anything else, right?

Although I haven't succumbed to the ankle sock fad, I have a soft spot for the loafers an oxfords. I liked the look above with the ankle socks because they almost mirror the look of a two toned boot. I especially like the oxford look here on the right. The femininity of the dress and the color balance of the black neckline balances the bold solid on the feet and brings the looks together well. I found both pictures on tooklookbook.com. What a fabulous page!

So back to the Blueberry inspiration that Kim gave me this morning, check out my recent loves:

Blueberry bliss boots and designer jackets from Salvatore Ferragamo and Burberry. 


icon
icon


icon
icon

icon
icon

icon

No comments:

Post a Comment