Friday, August 5, 2011

Fashion Friday: Kimberlee's Pick of the Week-Line & Dot

Once again, may I pay a little retail homage to a favorite sample sale site and give an enthusiastic ovation from the bottom of my deal dependent heart, to Swirl.com.  First, I simply must say, I absolutely adore the samples you pull from the designers featured on your site.  Brilliant, charming, and perfectly covetable designs for both trendy style and timeless investments.  And the fact that you basically paid for my latest purchase of a Line & Dot silk top currently retailing for $100, all because I told a few friends about your treasure chest of shopping goodies…wowza.  The awe of my latest score has not escaped my attention, again, thank you.


Featured several weeks back on Swirl’s designer lineup, Line & Dot takes equal parts of both femininity and modern edge, throws them in a blender, and produces the most delicious combination of breathtaking.   Spotted in InStyle, People Style Watch, Marie Claire, O Magazine, Nylon, on the shoulders of ABC’s the Bachelorette, and more…the people have spoken, and we are in fashionable love with Line & Dot’s high fashion/completely wearable designs.
The 100% silk top from the Line & Dot collection that I selected from the sale is laden with head turning elements of intrigue, from unique draping created by the strategically designed shoulder pleating to the flirtatious semi-open back, all drenched in the most mouthwatering  hue of the season…deeply delectable pink.  Far more versatile a piece than I originally anticipated when purchasing (…for $23 after Swirl applied my referral credit…), this top lends a perfectly polished finish to the most basic pair of dark skinny denim, and layers on the elegant charm with a nude cami and tucked into a crisp trouser and finished with a classic black pump.  Silk on its own merit is constant and timeless, and when done right…totally playful and lovable. 
Thank you again, Swirl.com, from the bottom of my heart…and top of my closet.
****Lip Service:  Because the pleating at the shoulders of this design adds a bit of volume to the upper body, steer clear of pairing this gem with a wide leg jean or trouser.  It will make your silhouette appear far more…uh…GRAND than you intend it to.  Stick with a skinny leg or cigarette pant, you’ll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment