Friday, August 19, 2011

Fashion Friday: Kimberlee's Pick of The Week- Topshop

If Beyonce Knowles can drop over $10K in one 90 minute shopping trip with Topshop, they must be doing something right.  According to the Huffington Post, in July 2011, the supercharged fashionable princess of pop did just that.  I must confess that story made me do a serious double take that bumped this retailer up to the top of my “must shop” list.

Being in the unfortunate geographical bind that lands me right in the middle of nowhere near a Top shop location (current locations are in New York and Europe, with a new flagship store coming to Las Vegas), I must confess that based on the price points alone, I’d never really had much desire to make the leap and pay shipping charges to order myself pieces of wardrobe that appeared at first glance to be absolutely no different than something I could find at my local Forever 21. And then, just like that, their credibility shot through the roof and I was ready to max out my credit cards…sight unseen.  Thankfully, though, I talked myself down from leaping eagerly off the ledge feet first and instead purchased only one item to get a feel for the entire Topshop experience.  I’m in retail love.

My shopping forecast has switched over from sunny with a chance of clouds, to cool and breezy with a chance of fall on the horizon, so I opted for a piece that will take me straight from early fall through winter and into early spring.  Now is the time for investment pieces.  I don’t shop as OFTEN as it gets cooler, so I must really love the items I purchase.  I chose a suede, high-waisted A line skirt with an exposed snap front closure.  I chose it for its clean line, neutral cognac hue with peachy undertones, and the mere fact that it was originally $110, and was now on CLEARANCE for $20.  Seriously people, $20.  And did I mention that they were, and still are, offering FREE SHIPPING on any order?  Yep, no kidding.  I made my purchase and received my skirt within 4 days, and when it arrived I gasped a little.  The stitching and seams on this 100% leather piece of heaven are perfectly sewn, the fit is beyond flattering, and it is definitely exactly what I hoped for.   Not a flaw to be seen, LOVE.  With over the knee boots coming back this fall, you better believe I will be pairing this magical little find with a pair of kick butt thigh grazing boots and an oversized chunky sweater to welcome the cooler months with an open arm hug.

So if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to give Beyonce a noteworthy run for her money…I’ve got some Topshop-ping to do!

Xoxo,
Kimberlee

No comments:

Post a Comment