Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brighter Whiter Smiles For a Portion of the Cost: Products Examined

I have recently had some serious dental work done and the bills have been high. Of course they always offer the teeth whitening system for a cool extra $200 but since I already shelled out $8K, I declined. I found some great alternatives that have proven themselves time and time again. If you are looking for a great budget friendly whitening options, you may have luck with these.

Winner and Why
  • Crest 3D White Vivid toothpaste: It had a great fresh breath taste and whitened our teeth significantly.

Runner Up List
  • Rembrandt: It whitens well but doesn't always give you afresh breath mouth.
  • Baking Soda: Yes, an age old trick to remove stains. It tastes funny but works.
  • Crest 7 day Whitestrips: Although these are annoying to do twice a day and taste funny, they gave me the best results. Be careful not to have them too far up on your gums though. It made my gums hurt when I brushed.

Losers and Why
  • Colgate Total: Did not give me the fresh breath that I wanted.
  • Crest Whitening Expressions: I did not see any significant change in color and the taste was ok but not great.
  • Crest Whitening Toothpaste: It did not freshen my breath as well as a traditional toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment