Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finally! A Natural Skin Care Solution With Visible Results

When Kim told me that she was using olive oil as make up remover, I started researching oil based and natural cleansers. I had decided to change skin care products in an attempt to reduce the number of toxic and harsh ingredients in my self care products while trying to find an affordable option.

When your skin is dehydrated, fine lines are more noticeable, your skin can appear to be dull and break outs can occur. When you don't drink enough water, toxins are not properly flushed out and can seek exit through the skin. When you strip your skin of essential oils from harsh detergent-like products, your skin has to work harder to restore the essential oils.

A few weeks ago, I was on vacation traveling across time zones and using various skin care products dehydrating my skin. In addition, I was eating ingredients that I would normally avoid, drank my fare share of beer and was not drinking enough water. The result?  My skin was an absolute zoo. I broke out on my cheeks, chin and forehead and my whole face hurt. I had to come up with a solution and fast.

I found the following two products and decided to try the more affordable choice first to see how it went then invest in the latter. I started using Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser and within three days, I noticed a significant difference in my skin tone, moisture balance and it completely calmed my breakouts that were still healing from my vacation. My skin looks supple, uniform and smooth; I am loving the results and it smells really good! The only possible downfall is that there is lanolin in it and some people are sensitive to that so if you are you may want to try an alternate cleanser from their line or the following product. I bought it at Target for $9.99 but you can buy it directly from the Burt's Bees website for $8.00. Click on the link above.

I also want to try Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil. It has olive and jojoba oils as well as Ginger Root extract that is a calming agent. This product you massage on dry skin whereas the above product you massage on skin that has been dampened with a splash of water. It is a higher price point but has received great results at $38. Here's the link with more info: Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil.

Photos from Burt's Bees and Bobbi Brown's websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment