Monday, April 18, 2011

Favorite Spring and Summer 2011 Accessory Trends

Spring is here and the sun is shining! Time for some SPF and some rays. We spent the weekend in the Central Coast wine tasting near Santa Barbara, home to numerous celebrities including Oprah and California Girl Katy Perry. SB is one of the hottest beach towns on the west coast and we spent our Sunday afternoon cruising State Street on Style Patrol to see what people were wearing. Deck yourself with these classic accessories this season; here are some of my faves.

Moral Coral
Show stopping Coral lipstick is all the rage. I love the coral trend on the lips and the nails. Pick up a tube from Nars for $24 and ask your manicurist to help you choose a shade that compliments your skin tone.

***Sugar Tip: If you have a pinkish, red skin tone, choose a coral with cool purple undertones.

For extra fun, add OPI's Black Shatter from the Katy Perry Collection.
Ray Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses
Protect your eyes from the suns rays while cruising the boardwalk with these classics. The iconic Ray Ban trend continues on. Launched for the first time in 1952, these graced the faces of Hollywood's hottest and clearly are doing so again. I saw these on every age trending among young women and older men. And when I say older men, I mean upwards of 65-80 years of age. I have seen an influx of men rockin' these Original Wayfarer classics ($145) with a slip on pair of Vans or oxfords.   Cool, classic and oh so perfect for a day at the beach.
Birds of a Feather
Is this the 80's in me or is this my love of color? I think it is the latter. I feel that the feather extension trend has passed but the earrings are still in the mix. Add these to any monotone outfit to add a little flare as I did in the photo on the left. These can be found at H&M or if you want a longer more defined feather look, go online to view the collection from Aya Papaya. (Pictured on right below).



Color Blocking, Neon and Pattern Play

L.A. Gear Magenta and Teal have made a comeback. Neon and pattern play are splashed on the cover of every major fashion mag.

Ok, I take it back, this is the 80's in me. 

I LOVE what Swatch is up to with their Casual and Color Codes collections. And for the price point, you can get the look for an affordable price. You can pair these with just about anything to stay on  trend without being too flashy.




No comments:

Post a Comment