Saturday, April 30, 2011

Flirtatious Floral by Jovovich-Hawk: Kimberlee's Pick of the Week

Hot Damn, Target’s Go International Collection has hit the sale racks.  I may not understand the wonders of the universe, but I can certainly appreciate a gift when one lands squarely on my head…or slips over it and drapes me in a girlishly sweet Bohemian rhapsody. 

Having stalked this sale for weeks prior to its release, I was thrilled to bits & pieces with my Thakoon score from my local Target store.  I love every inch of heavenly color and lipstick required fabric.  Gorgeous, simply.  Being such a fan of this collective experience brought to my wardrobe, you can imagine how low my jaw must have dropped when I noticed a banner ad on Target’s website announcing the sale of these covetable frocks.  Shut it down.  $10 off here, $20 off there...where do I begin? 

My final selection turned out to be my first instinct, a romantically flirtatious floral number with endless 70’s retro style infused with carefree boho attitude.  Designed by Jovovich-Hawk, a creative design team comprised of the lovely Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk founded in LA and based upon the premise that clothes should be wearable & comfortable without making a spectacle of the wearer, this piece is stunning.  The stock photos don’t seem to do it the justice it deserves, the Target stylist seems to believe it needs to be belted while I feel it takes a little bit of the creative elegance away from the original design.  I love the ethereal float of its playful nature, the earth tone color palette that comprises the floral playground of its design; everything about this piece is heavenly.  The fit is loose, and flowing so I recommend going with the smaller end of your current size range, it will love your body in an amazing way.  

  
Currently priced at $27.98, I strongly encourage this design be introduced to your wardrobe and paired with every wedge sandal and cognac leather knee high boot you can get your hands on.  Add an unstructured floppy hat and oversized shades and celebrate everything wonderful about the stylish elements of Spring/Summer 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment