Monday, April 11, 2011

THREAD SHOW Recap: And The Winner Is...

The Metreon was buzzing with stylistas from all over the Bay Area Sunday and I was one of them. Vendors were strategically arranged throughout the City View Room with a breathtaking view of San Francisco. The DJ was droppin' beats while everyone else was droppin' dollars on the up and coming designers that showcased their goods. I was one of five carefully selected fashion Bloggers to participate in the SFFAMA Live Style Series and I came home a winner. Thank you to EVERYONE who made this possible.



Whew! What a day! I had the pleasure of meeting some serious talent at THREAD Show yesterday. I arrived around 11:30 AM and was whisked away by Dara Bu of Elle Communications for a quick tour of the show and where our models would be competing.

We were assigned a personal assistant, five models, and approximately 20 minutes to style each model to create five looks. My assistant, Zohal pictured right, is a bright and talented student who has what it takes to be very successful in the fashion industry. I was blessed to have such an amazing woman helping me organize the show. The model's hair and make-up was done by Star Symmetric and Nikol Elaine Artistry.  Shoes were provided by Bay Bertea of form&fauna.

The Looks: 
I don't have a picture of my final look yet but I will try to get it.
Jessica: I wanted to create looks that reflected the current color trends. I tried to color block and use classic colors paired with bright, bold shades. Jessica (below) is wearing a beautiful bright purple shade that matched her beautiful blue eyes and pink feather extension. Shoe: Form&Fauna Palm Frond


Yasmin: This was my favorite look of all. Yasmin is such an elegant, gorgeous model with poise and class. When we created this look for her, we used a beautiful bright aqua blue dress underneath a flowy navy blue blouse. Her blue lipstick from our make-up artists was an inspiration and I had to add one feather earring to bring in a pop of trend. Shoes: Christian Louboutin






Laina: Less is more with Laina's look. I chose a lavender dress with splashes of coral and blue. I paired this look with a gorgeous Form&Fauna Havana pump


















Jake: We had to style one male model and had a very limited selection. I layered him in two collared shirts leaving them open to expose the 80's inspired black stallion tee underneath. I rolled the sleeves to show his ink to make the look.


Coco: Inspired by gold and Greek goddesses, we layered Coco in soft shades of cream. It is two dresses combined into one. I scrunched the top of the second dress to create skirt and a belted waist. The detail on the bottom of the "skirt" was accentuated by length of the dress underneath. We used the belt from the dress to create a neck piece which you can see better in the second photo. I paired it with multi-colored shoes to break up the color monotony.




Chelsea: The final look was completed in 8 minutes flat. We had very little time and even fewer clothes. I decided to go all trend and color block loud, vibrant, attention grabbing shades and of course the ever stylish feather. I chose a denim inspired wedge shoe and bright coral lips, which was my favorite part.

What I Won: I won a swag bag filled with 2 dresses and a tote from Effie's Heart, earrings from Aya Papaya, a necklace from Coatt, a sweater from liaMolly and lots of goodies in the bottom. Zohal and I divided the looks and went home happy and styled.





No comments:

Post a Comment